COLLEGE HOUSING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The purpose of the College Housing Assistance Program, a NAHASDA funded program administered by the Housing Authority of the Cherokee Nation, is to assist low income Native American students to secure safe and affordable housing established on need and eligibility while seeking a first-time Bachelor’s degree and maintaining full-time student status at an accredited institute of higher education. The College Housing Assistance Program will provide students with up to $1000 per semester for housing costs only.
- Applicant must be a member of a federally recognized tribe. Priority will be given to Cherokee Nation tribal citizens.
- Applicant must be a resident of the fourteen-county jurisdictional area.
- Applicant must meet all eligibility requirements for the College Housing Assistance Program, including NAHASDA income guidelines.
- Applicant must be seeking a first-time Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institute of higher education.
- Must participate in the Cherokee Cultural Curriculum while on the program.
- Priority will be given to students who were assisted the previous semester on the College Housing Assistance Program.
- Assistance is limited to eight (8) semesters.
- Other eligibility requirements may apply according to the College Housing Assistance Program policy.
For more information, please contact: 918-456-5482
Area 1 – Adair, Cherokee & Wagoner Counties
Area 2 – Craig, Nowata, Rogers, Tulsa & Washington Counties
Area 3 – McIntosh, Muskogee & Sequoyah Counties
Area 4 – Delaware, Mayes & Ottawa Counties (Jay) or (Locust Grove)
Spring 2014 Application Dates – Dec 30, 2013 through Jan 10, 2014
Click here to Download Application